Become a Featured Contributor on The Power of Pets
Welcome friends, I’m thrilled to announce a brand new opportunity for you to become a featured contributor with The Power of Pets!
If you are a animal lover, pet related business or animal advocate, you are invited to write for me and help in making a difference.
Here’s the preliminary information for you:
- Content: You must be the author and owner of each post you submit. Your posts can be published elsewhere (on other websites, in other publications, etc.), as long as you still retain the legal right to it. If your post is published at www.powerofpets365.com, you will retain control and ownership of your writing, and I will be happy to remove it upon your request. All submissions will be verified for originality using a tool such as Copyscape.com or Plagium.com.
- Word count: The Power of Pets posts typically run between 350-700 words. Please stay under 700 words. Submissions over 700 words will not be accepted.
- Bio and website: I am not able to compensate contributors for posts, but I will feature your bio along with links to your website, Facebook, and Instagram to help you gain credibility and generate more activity on your website.
- By submitting to The Power of Pets you acknowledge that you accept my terms, and any grammatical editing that might occur on behalf of my editing team.
- Once your posts are published, you will share them with your friends via email, your website, newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media.
What I am looking for:
- Inspirational pet stories, advice, helpful tips, ideas and uplifting information: I welcome inspiring articles that fit into the topic of pets and what they bring to our lives. Areas of HAPPINESS, HEALING, LOVE, GUIDANCE and KNOWLEDGE are needed. I love to share personal stories of inspiration and transformation, personal growth, empowerment, teachings for health and wellness from pets, and general advice on how pets help us to live better lives.
- No animal abuse or charitable donation requests article submissions will be accepted – keeps reading further to find out why. If you are an animal activist or charitable organization, I welcome your article submissions as long as they meet the criteria noted. I will also ensure that your organization name and contact information is listed so that readers/viewers can link to your website and service offerings. PS. I fully support you and wish to thank you for the work you do in helping our animal friends. It’s people like you who truly make a difference xo.
- Quality writing: Well-written and high quality original articles that are not self-promotional, but aim to inspire, motivate, encourage, comfort, and empower others. The goal here is to unite and share, not to sell a product or service. When others read your wonderful content, they will also see who you are and a link to your website to learn more about your business. Let the referrals to you come organically, the way it was meant to be.
- Content: You must be the author and owner of each post you submit. It is okay that your posts might be published elsewhere (on other websites, in other publications, etc.), as long as you still retain the legal right to it. If your post is published at www.powerofpets365.com, you will retain control and ownership of your writing, and I will remove your post upon request at any time.
- High quality photos: I will need and ask that you submit original and high-quality photos with your posts. Photos should be at least 930 PPI (pixels per inch) wide by 465 PPI tall or 72 dpi (dots per inch). In other words, your photos need to be clear and visible on a web viewing page.
- Video: If you have a short YouTube video (no longer than 2 minutes), I might consider including that in the post to add further service to our fellow pet lovers.
Why write for The Power of Pets?
Let’s first begin with WHAT The Power of Pets is all about shall we?
- The Power of Pets is all about empowering connections between pets and people.
- We are a group of pet lovers from around the world who unite together in making a difference. We celebrate the many gifts pets bring to our lives and celebrate the bond and connection.
- When a loving pet dies, we stand arm in arm together in full support. We truly know what it feels to love and lose a furry loved one and want to help others during their time of healing.
- We want to make a difference and believe there is power in numbers!
How will you make a difference with your contribution?
- You’ll be part of a worldwide initiative. You are already making a profound difference in the world in your own unique way. I know that by you being here reading this message. By writing for The Power of Pets, you’ll reach even more people and change even more lives. How powerful is that?
- You’ll reach a global audience. Your post will be shared on The Power of Pets website for potentially hundreds of thousands of people to view, and often, I will be sharing posts on all my social media accounts.
- You’ll gain credibility and generate more activity on your website. When I share links to your website, Facebook, and Instagram, I will help you to spread the word about who you are and what you do. This is an amazing way to generate new visitors, followers and viewers to the impact you have on our pet community. Whether you are a animal lover or business owner, you will reap the rewards of being a featured contributor with The Power of Pets.
Your checklist to follow when submitting:
Before submitting, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my submission have a strong and catchy title?
- If I am submitting a photo, is it at least 930 PPI (pixels per inch) wide by 465 PPI tall or 72 dpi (dots per inch). And is it directly related to my article?
- Does my article meet all of the criteria outlined and noted above: original content, word count, photo size, etc.?
- Is my article inspiring, motivating, encouraging, comforting, or empowering? Will it help others with their connection to pets, healing from their loss or making a difference?
- Have I reviewed other Power of Pets articles to make sure my article is similar in style, tone, and format?
- Is my article succinct, straight to the point, easy to follow and read?
- Is my article between 350 – 700 words?
- Am I offering viewers and readers actionable information?
- Have I given proper attribution for quotations, data, and other third-party sources referenced in the article?
- Is my article formatted exactly as I want it to appear (bold headings, italics, paragraph breaks, etc.)?
- Has my article been carefully edited (by at least 2 people) for grammatical errors and improvements? (unedited articles will not be accepted).
Ready to go? Submit your article now!
I’m very excited! If you’re ready to submit your article, please email me the following:
- Your full post and title. Please send this as a word document attached in your email.
- Image(s) for your post (be sure to send as separate files and not pasted directly in your word document). Photos should be at least 930 pixels wide by 465 pixels tall or 72 DPI. If you have a short YouTube video (no longer than 2 minutes), I will consider including that in the post as well. Remember to send HIGH-QUALITY images that you own. Images can be personal photographs or photos from Pixabay (free photo site), or other photo sites. *You must retain full permission to be able to use any image you send with your submission.
- Your bio (must be less than 100 words) including links to your website, Facebook, and Instagram (if you don’t have all of these, I welcome you to send me what you have).
- A professional photo of you to use for your bio, at least 300 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall or 72 DPI.
Please send to email@example.com. By submitting to The Power of Pets you acknowledge and accept our terms, and any grammatical editing that might occur on behalf of the my editing team.
Please note that due to timing, I may not have the opportunity to respond to all submissions, but I can assure you that I will carefully read every single submission! If your post has been accepted, I will let you know as soon as it is live. Thank you for your consideration in this manner.
I am truly honoured to receive this wonderful inspiration from you, my fellow pet loving friends. Thank you in advance for your submissions!
In teamwork together,